Friday, June 1, 2012

Hand Stitched Beauty

Oh! I love summer days spent on a peaceful patio with quilting in hand!
This patio is right outside my elderly Dad's room, and easily finds peace for me during his lingering days. A soft breeze tantalizes the heat of the morning, as birds sing softly in the nearby trees, and butterflies dance among the blossoms.
Special time for Bible study, journal entries, and novel reading finds me snuggled in the cushion of my recliner. This leaves me so refreshed and peaceful!
Then, as time allows, hand stitching has become my new challenge in my free time spent on my patio.

Digging through my stash, I found some white satin, left from sewing my daughter's wedding gown.
With stencils and wonderful pens, I traced a feathered design. A sandwich of batting and backing gives a 3D impression as I simply use a running stitch along the lines.

Here is my first attempt!

I've only finished the center, and have many more lines to finish the feathers and ribbons of the border.

I think it's beautiful, and had to show it off, but you'll have to check back to see the finished project...

2 comments:

  1. oh wow...that is beautiful...and i can almost feel the breeze on your patio...
    Enjoy!!! and I CAN NOT wait to see your finished project!!!

    Hugs and have a wonderful weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh mercy that is beautiful! Come teach me how...

    ReplyDelete