Saturday, June 26, 2010

Peace or war, faithfulness honored...


With his career placed in the hands of the Marine Corps, my brother served our country faithfully and with his whole heart. We were both young teens when he enlisted and through the years, I saw his ranks change, many honors awarded him, and much wisdom show up with each graying hair. For many years, he held the standard high as his country's flag waved in gentle breezes. During the National Anthem, his attentive stance with glistening eyes focused on the flag he loved so well, and he stood tall among all those who served with him. His toughest tour of duty took his heart into battle. He answered the call bravely and once again met it with faithfulness. This tour called his only son back into battle and because he knew the challenges of conflict, they both faced war. The elder on his knees while the younger fought on rocky mountain terrain.
I am so proud of my brother's service, and thank my heavenly Father God for sparing both their lives in patriotic service. I thank this family with a project I cross stitched while praying for their safety.

1 comment:

  1. Wooooowwww....Debi, you're truly amazing!! I wonder if you have 72 hours a day instead of 24..??? LOL
    I wish I could do as much as you do....

    Love,
    Dewi

    ReplyDelete