This week my quiet moments found me in the sewing room trying to accomplish the challenge of "catch-up". Admittedly though, I planned ahead last week. I wanted to actually sew during my free time, so I set the instructions and their individual cut out pieces in piles, prepared to assemble at a minute's notice!
This week, I worked on #9 and #10.
When I laid all finished blocks out together, I realized my objective needed to bring more individual color into a couple of my blocks by keeping the backgrounds of blue swirls at a minimum. On this block #9, red tone is emphasized. My hope is to contrast more with the stripes and dots of color by the blocks of individual color.
My next choices from the Layer Cake is a block that emphasizes its olive green.
I've enjoyed this Bee and keeping tabs on the progress of The Sassy Quilter. I have one more block to complete before I've caught up and wait with her for the Bee's new instructions.
I've posted my photos on Flickr with both groups.
Hopefully, by the end of my week, I will finish #11 and be caught up to the original group and able to move through the rest of the blocks on their time schedule.